The Bungalook Nursery is run by the Whitehorse Community Indigenous Plant Project (WCIPP). We are a volunteer-run, not-for-profit group which supplies locally indigenous plants to the Whitehorse community, parks and City Council.
WCIPP/Bungalook is registered as a charity under the Australian Charities and Not-for profits Commission.
The Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC) is the national regulator of charities – it is a federal government agency.
Charities need to be registered with ACNC to be entitled to tax exempt status as well as certain other exemptions and benefits.
Registration is also an indicator to the general public of the bona fides of the organisations on the Register.
The purposes of the Whitehorse Community Indigenous Plant Project Inc. according to our official articles of association are:-
- To propagate plants indigenous to the City of Whitehorse from locally provenanced material.
- To provide plants for bushland parks, other reserves, the general community, local and state government authorities for planting within the Whitehorse region.
- To encourage an appreciation in the community of the importance of indigenous flora.
- To maintain a close working relationship with the Advisory Committees of the bushland parks within the City of Whitehorse.
- To co-operate with other relevant environmental, conservation and sustainability groups in order to further the association’s objectives.
Our rules of incorporation can be downloaded here.