Volunteers are always welcome
Join the nursery if you would like to:
- Learn about seed and cutting collection and handling
- Learn to propagate indigenous plants
- Understand the plants native to the local area
- Prepare plants for distribution
- Help maintain all the nursery facilities
- Apply your skills to the many aspects of running the nursery
- Make a difference by helping to preserve our local natural environment
- Meet new and interesting people and enjoy the chance to socialise.
Call in on a Wednesday or Friday morning, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
You will always be made most welcome.
Members – Members generally come from the local community of the City of Whitehorse and surrounding areas. There is no joining fee. People are generally busy, so members attend the site or undertake other tasks as and when they are able.
Members can also assist with any of a variety of specific roles that ensure the efficient running of the nursery.
Members are issued with a password to access “members only” resources. Please contact us, giving your telephone number, should you not have a password or should you have lost it.
Committee – The Nursery is run by a Committee of Management made up of Office Bearers, general committee members and representatives from the various Bushland Management Committees (See useful links). The Committee meets quarterly at gatherings that are open to all members.
Friends – There are people who are interested in the Nursery and receive the newsletter and other occasional items of interest.