Join the nursery if you would like to:
- Meet new and interesting people and enjoy the chance to socialise while doing something good for the environment.
- Apply your existing skills to the many aspects of running the nursery (sales, maintenance, propagation, management).
- Learn new skills and learn about plants indigenous to the local Whitehorse area, how to propagate them by seed or cuttings & preparing them for sale. No existing skills? No worries! You will be shown how to perform the tasks 🙂
- Help maintain the nursery facilities.
- Work as few or as many hours you want.
If interested, call in on a Wednesday or Friday morning, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. You will always be made most welcome. Give it a trial run if you aren’t sure.
Members – Members generally come from the local community of the City of Whitehorse and surrounding areas. There is no joining fee. People are generally busy, so members attend the site or undertake other tasks as and when they are able.
Members can also assist with any of a variety of specific roles that ensure the efficient running of the nursery.
Committee – The Nursery is run by a Committee of Management made up of elected community members and representatives from the various Bushland Management Committees (See useful links). The positions of President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer are elected from members of the committee. The Committee meets monthly at gatherings that are open to all members.
Friends – These are people who are interested in the Nursery and receive the newsletter and other occasional items of interest.
Members are issued with a password to access “members only” training, procedure and other resources.
Please contact us if you are an existing member who has forgotten or never received the password.